Elsie is normally extremely talkative, but we had to encourage her to chat it up with us on the podcast. The Braaten family recently returned from a trip “up north” aka The North Shore of Minnesota, so Jim and Elsie shared with us their favorite memories.
A few show notes:
- Yes, Lake Superior is the largest freshwater lake in the world
- Poutine still sounds digesting, but here’s a link if you want to make it.
- Jim stayed at Lutsen Resort, where Elise rode the alpine slide, and I feel bad for the kids behind them on the slide…
- Jim talks about agate hunting, which happens to be the official state gemstone of Minnesota! I had no idea this was a big deal to do ‘up north.’
- Gneiss is another cool rock, a metamorphic rock, also found along Lake Superior that Jim mentioned.
- Wisconsin Dells is the essential vacationing spot if you are from Illinois. And there is way more to it than just the waterparks.
- Here’s my “Adventures on a Budget” article I mentioned in Sportsman’s News magazine.
Later in the show, Elsie gave us a play-by-play of her first turkey hunt with dad. Those are special memories!!!
Thank you for listening and we’d love a review in iTunes or Stitcher Radio!